Reference: 5089 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
- Perform general accounting tasks, reporting to the partner.
- Preparing accounting work relating to annual financial statements
- Examine, analyse, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements (IFRS and IFRS for SME’s)
- Performing independant reviews
- Responsible for calculating VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements on a monthly basis
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Responsible for more complex pieces of work to be done
- Writing up of more complex accounting records of clients on Pastel
- Assisting in general accounting and payroll related duties for clients
- Liaising directly with clients to source new work for the accounting department
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Ensuring that you meet the minimum billings hours as per the company standards
- BCom Accounting or equivalent degree/diploma
- Completed SAICA/SAIPA articles
- Strong knowledge of accounting and accounting concepts
- Knowledge of Caseware/Draftworx AFS drafting package
- Knowledge of VIP Payroll
- Knowledge of Pastel accounting software
- Ability to meet with client and sell work to be done
- Responsible and dedicated to “going the extra mile”
- Must demonstrate personal and time management skills in order to ensure deadlines are met
- Technical ability (IFRS, Companies Act, International Standards of Auditing, Tax)
- Presentable and well spoken
- A meticulous and detailed person
- MS Excel and MS Word literacy required
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be self-motivated
- Traveling to clients will be expected
- Overtime will be required from time to time to meet client deadlines
- Excellent Afrikaans & English communication skills
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com