Reference: DB 6831
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- Full financial accounting function up till trial balance
- Working in an accounting team of 11 team members, accountant will own his/her own portfolio working within the team.
- Preparation of all statutory functions in terms of SARS recons and submissions
- Tax preparation for submissions to Financial Manager
- Maintenance of various cash books on Evolution.
- Manage General Ledger reconciliations
- Preparation and submission of monthly management accounts and financial reports
- Implementation and maintenance of accounting controls
- Capture client financial records on Evolution
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Liaise with clients regarding queries, payments, information required etc.
- Capturing and monitoring of annual budgets
- Process relevant year end journal entries
- Prepare Trial Balance
- Prepare quality working paper files, which meets the standards of the Firm
- Draft quality annual financial statements
- Completion and submission of PAYE/UIF/SDL Returns
- Completion and submission of VAT Returns timeously
- Manage correctness of job costing
- Manage Work in Progress
- Training of junior staff
- Maintain insurance schedules
- Monitor debit order activity on bank
- Bank admin and signing-off bank payments.
- Maintain and administer good database principles in Evolution
- Manage asset register and stock
- B.Comm or similar qualification SAIPA/SAICA articles completed
- 3 years post article experience as a full function accountant will be an advantage Work In Progress experience
- Advanced Excel skills Evolution
- Strong technical skills in accounting Working independently
- Systems orientated
- Ability to communicate effectively in Afrikaans and English (written and verbal); Be organized, accurate and thorough;
- Excellent attention to detail and numerical ability; Problem solving skills;
- Ability to function well under pressure and to manage own time and outputs; High sense of responsibility
- Be able to multitask and prioritize Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned work Deadline-driven
- Efficient time management Strong staff management skills
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org