Reference: 5273 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
- The purpose of this role is to effectively manage the credit risk and accounts receivable assets and ensure that all accounts are managed within the Account Receivable Policy.
- Debtors account management
- Ensure that customers are invoiced when invoicing becomes due. (delivered not invoiced)
- Ensure that credit notes are supported by appropriate documentation and signed off according to the policy.
- Ensure that the maintenance of all accounts are up to date ito matching, reconciliations and query resolution.
- Masterfile maintenance
- Ensure that NAV and Dipar masterdata is in sync.
- Ensure that the insurance limits are in sync with the Group Risk Department approvals.
- Ensure that customer masterdata is up to date and agrees to the sales contracts.
- Credit risk management
- Monitor, manage and report overtrading and overdues
- Ensure that appropriate controls are in place to prevent unauthorized overtrading.
- Institute appropriate action to recover overdue accounts.
- Manage the credit application and insurance application process.
- Ensure that insurance limits not needed are cancelled to prevent unnecessary credit insurance costs.
- Month-end process
- Ensure all debtors related ledger reconciliations are performed.
- Ensure that Dipar to NAV sales are in sync at all times on a currency and rand level.
- Prepare monthly debtors reporting.
- Ensure that all InterCo debtors are confirmed and reconciling items are resolved.
- Processes and controls documented
- Ensure all processes within department are documented and changes are updated in the documents
- Review processes and controls to identify control weaknesses, simplification and efficiency improvements.
- People management
- Manage the accounts receivable staff of CSSA, CSCE and the rest of the Fruit Division until the Shared Service Structure is filled.
- Assist with the transition of the staff from the current structures to the Shared Service structure.
- Agree Roles & Responsibilities at the beginning of the year with each member of the team, including objectives that should be reached each year for development purposes
- Informal coaching of staff to develop their softer skills to ensure a successful partnership between finance and commercial
- Financial Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 5 year experience in Accounts Receivable Management
- Thorough understanding of leadership skills, coaching methods, people management.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organising skills.
- Strong persuasive, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of what a successful AR function looks like.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com