Reference: 5852 SJ
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- The Assistant Accountant will provide essential accounting support to the finance department, spanning the full spectrum of financial duties by accurately performing their duties and constantly looking to expand their skills.
- The Assistant Accountant will report directly to the Finance Team Leader, while also assisting the Management Accountant or Finance Manager with reports or information.
- Various day-to-day transactions and capturing on Accounts Receivable and Payable & following up with Customers & Suppliers
- Reviewing Inventory reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Processing of cashbooks, journals & preparation for yearly audit
- Authorizing COS invoices for Accounts Payable
- Reconciliations on Inventory, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information as needed
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
- VAT Returns
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts
- Year end audit preparations
- Completing cashbooks and bank reconciliations
- Post-Matric qualification in Bookkeeping to Balance sheet.
- At least 5 years practical experience – background in Manufacturing / Mining / Agricultural sectors will be beneficial.
- Proficiency with Sage Evolution accounting, Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- Strong numeracy skills, with a high level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Solid reconciliation skills and understanding of accounting controls
- Must be organized with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills while maintaining confidentiality
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org