Reference: 5607 SJ
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- Assistance in the general management of the tax compliance function in order to support the tax manager.
- Management and development of the tax compliance staff in group context through the necessary supervisions in monitoring and evaluating the team’s progress when conducting work and providing the necessary training.
- Advising staff on tax compliance processes, procedures or general queries related to taxation to all staff in the group.
- Assistance with various tax related matters, including dispute resolution, provisional tax and tax assessments with SARS.
- Application for tax clearances, good standing and foreign investment allowance;
- Tax compliance for a portfolio of high net worth groups including companies, trusts and individuals;
- Weekly visits to local SARS branch offices;
- Daily liaison with clients and SARS and attending to all aspects relating to taxation;
- Tax registrations including income tax, VAT, customs and excise and tax exemption.
- Completed SAICA / SAIPA / CIMA articles, eligible for professional registration;
- Eligible to register as a tax practitioner with the South African Revenue Service (SARS);
- Experience and good knowledge of IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, VAT, Income Tax and Companies Act;
- Proven competence in the management of client portfolios and staff;
- Technical proficiency in e-Filing and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient in Afrikaans and English; and
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Communicate excellently, both verbally and in writing;
- Confidently deliver client service of outstanding quality;
- Work under pressure, both independently and in a team environment;
- Apply detailed attention to detail work styles;
- Be administratively orientated.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org