Reference: SJ 4436
Consultant: Soné Johnson
A successful family-run business has a vacancy for a Bookkeeper, who will be responsible for financial administration and bookkeeping (including basic imports) up to a trial balance level using Pastel and Pastel Payroll. Duties will also include submitting VAT, PAYE, UIF and clearances through SARS e-Filing.
- Pastel imports up to a trial balance level (cashbook, creditors, debtors)
- Sending debtors’ invoices, debtor recons, and managing debtor receipts
- General journal and cashbook entries
- Creditor recons and setting up payment schedules
- Compiling monthly cash flow statements and handling inter-account transfers
- Month-end journal entries, reconciliation, year-end closing and preparing financial records for auditing purposes
- Salary administration with Pastel and Payroll (performing all employee and employer tax requirements, calculating commissions, PAYE and leave)
- Documenting and improving accounting and admin systems
- Handling and balancing inter-company loan accounts
- Recons, submitting and paying VAT and related taxes
- Preparing monthly management statements and financial reporting
- Drafting and managing budgets on a monthly basis
- Load payment schedules on banking systems
- Handling petty cash, receipts, typing and filing
- Maintaining a database of clients, suppliers and office systems
- Stock keeping in Excel as well as Pastel journals
- Handling basic purchasing queries on orders and quotes
- Coordinating selling process and following up with regards to clients, logistics, collecting and receiving stock
- Purchases: stationery, kitchen supplies and other office necessities
- Answering the phone, receiving clients and serving coffee/tea
- Helping to maintain a neat and tidy office environment
- Coordinating diaries and meetings
- Fully bilingual (English and Afrikaans)
- Qualified in accounting
- Tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) with sufficient experience
- Computer skills: Windows, MS Office, Pastel, e-Filing, Easy-file and Payroll
- Code B driver’s license
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com