Reference: 5629 MLR
Consultant: Michelle le Roux
- The CEO will be responsible for carrying out achievement of the clients mission and strategic vision. The precise areas of responsibility for this post will be agreed based around your skills and the needs of the client.
- Vision and Strategy
- Together with the Board, carry out the vision and mission of the organisation.
- Promote a culture of collaboration, innovation and excellence across the network of partnership organisations
- Lead the development and implementation of our strategic plans, with a focus on expanding our impact.
- Monitor, evaluate and report progress to the Board and other key stakeholders.
- Understand how emerging economic, social, and political developments may present opportunities and challenges for the organisation, and rapidly bring these to the forefront.
- Leadership and Management
- Lead the team within a fast paced and ever-changing environment across multiple locations.
- Provide inspirational, supportive and empowering leadership for a diverse range of extraordinarily passionate, committed and skilled staff members.
- Demonstrate an energetic, entrepreneurial nature that combines leadership and intellectual curiosity with practical management skills.
- Demonstrate excellence in people development and enable staff to reach their full potential.
- Organisational Culture and People
- Ensure the internal culture supports the mission and promotes synergy and collaboration across the organisation.
- Enhance the culture of diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of the organisation.
- Inspire staff with bold vision and clear measurable progress against strategic priorities.
- Represent, nurture and protect organisational culture and values, ensuring yearly checks on culture are being done and recommendations for improvement are being made.
- Together with the Management Team, be responsible for the development and wellness of team members.
- Fundraising and Partnerships
- Actively lead and participate in long-term fundraising efforts to secure significant investments from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Lead the development of proposals, reports, media and PR materials to improve the organisation’s visibility and attract new funders and staff.
- Ensure good overall partner relationships, our funders, the development partners, other partner organisations, our communities and other stakeholders.
- Identify and contract quality service providers who can provide support to the organisation in specialised areas where resource gaps exist.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Experience in engaging, collaborating and negotiating with stakeholders
- Solid, demonstrated, experience in leading a team
- Experience in a start-up environment would be beneficial
- An excellent command of the English language and impeccable communication and presentation skills
- No criminal record (candidates will undergo a criminal background check)
- Be committed to redressing inequality through education, with a belief that a quality education system can transform lives.
- Be a great team builder, who makes excellent hires and then develops and empowers staff to grow in their expertise and output.
- Be agile and highly adaptable in order to operate in an ever-changing environment, with the need to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Have excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Have the maturity to deal with hard conversations and healthy, constructive conflict when needed.
- Be able to operate as an effective strategic thinker but also able to roll up your own sleeves and to lead by example.
- Be a well-groomed, highly organised, self-motivated leader who displays ethical and professional behaviour at all times.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com