Reference: DB 6959
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- Maintain the consolidation model on a monthly basis
- Ensure adequate controls and processes are in place to confirm that consolidation eliminations are complete and accurate
- Investigate any reconciliation items and liaise with the financial accountants to get them corrected
- Assist with the preparation of the Group financial statements, in compliance with IFRS, at year end including all the relevant note production
- Assist with the preparation of finance management packs for the shareholder reporting
- Assist with the preparation of reports for the Audit Committee
- Provide technical guidance on new accounting standards that could impact the Group or impact the current debt Covenants
- Provide technical guidance on the accounting for any new business structures or acquisitions which could impact the Group
- Assist with the production of financial covenant data for reporting to the banks and for ensuring on going compliance with all covenant requirements
- Assist with the management of cash within the Group, considering funding requirements between entities and assisting with the implementation of a cash sweep process
- Support the implementation of any new group accounting systems
- Document all IFRS policies and procedures to ensure that processes are applied consistently across all Group entities.
- Provide training to the financial accounting team on new accounting standards or reporting requirements.
- Assist with the month end close, including balance sheet reconciliations, of certain key financial entities in the Group
- Qualified accountant with several years PQE
- Detailed knowledge of large consolidation processes (50+ entities)
- Strong technical background with experience of financial reporting under IFRS, including the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Previous Financial Services experience preferable
- Previous experience implementing new accounting standards preferable
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Good knowledge of different account systems – knowledge of NavOne would be an advantage
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data from different data sources
- Advanced Excel skills preferably with Power Pivot and Power BI. Macros would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build effective working relationships and influence change
- Team player who is willing to help others and collaborate to achieve the goals of the finance team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com