Reference: DB 6738
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- take full personal ownership, responsibility and accountability of all transactions, interaction and enquiries for the allocated Corporate Client portfolio. This will include, but not be limited to:
- providing day-to-day accounting and other services to allocated clients,
- preparing trial balances, management accounts & annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS and SA GAAP,
- carrying out, on a timely basis, all administrative tasks assigned,
- applying standard procedures to facilitate the rendering of quality services to clients in a consistent, effective and efficient manner and exercising quality control to ensure that all accounting reports conform to set standards,
- assisting to ensure that clients’ files (be it electronic or paper based) are organised, complete and up to date,
- recording all time spent accurately to facilitate invoicing and internal reporting.
- follow processes and procedures, working to set quality standards and keeping to agreed turn-around times;
- ensure that client queries and/or complaints are dealt with efficiently and timeously, and escalated immediately where needed;
- develop, build and maintain sound relationships with allocated clients, as well as with the CSM and KAM;
- ensure the highest level of service, quality of work and support to our Corporate Clients, the CSM, KAM, other areas within Corporate Clients, as well as other teams within Maitland;
- liaise with internal departments to promote clear channels of communication and working relationships;
- actively look for opportunities to improve operational efficiencies to improve service and to decrease cost, identify and report on suggested possible process and/or system changes/enhancements to enhance service delivery;
- provide quality input on opportunities and potential threats to the Accounting offering and the wider Corporate Clients division;
- promote the implementation and integration of electronic service usage within the Accounting and Tax Service offering, as well as to our external clients, as and when developed and released;
- meet personal and team targets;
- provide ad hoc assistance with projects and analyses in Corporate Clients as required by Corporate Clients management;
- demonstrate the company’s values on a daily basis;
- as the Corporate Clients Accounting and Tax team grows, the Accountant will be expected to:
- assist with the recruitment, interviewing and selection of new team members,
- provide day to day management oversight and assistance to team members,
- review the work of team members,
- assisting with training of team members
- participate in developing and implementing the strategy and operational plans for the continued growth of the Tax and Accounting team
- manage staff performance evaluations, establish key performance criteria, and manage staff performance and disciplinary issues and processes with the assistance of the wider Corporate Clients management and Human Resources.
- has a BComm (Accounting) or equivalent degree / diploma – a CA(SA) or a postgraduate accounting qualification would be an advantage, but not a requirement;
- has 3-5 years practical experience in auditing or accounting, ideally in the professional services or financial services industry;
- has proven experience in preparing annual financial statements for companies and trusts;
- is passionate about service and service excellence, with a ‘will do, can do’ attitude – demonstrating a determination and encourage others to achieve excellence in every task, action and or interaction;
- is detail and quality conscious – accountable, responsible and adaptable;
- has excellent computer skills, with the ability to learn and understand new systems with confidence, and has a good knowledge and experience of working on and understanding the Microsoft Office suite (including Excel, Word and Outlook);
- is flexible and dynamic with an enthusiastic approach and a positive and upbeat attitude;
- has the ability to gain and establish the confidence of others, inspiring others to have a passion for performance by enhancing and improving the way things are done;
- is highly organised, efficient and professional with a sense of urgency and good time management;
- takes initiative, is pro-active and flexible with great problem resolution skills – sound decision making and judgement;
- has the ability to work confidently, use initiative, be decisive and be able to consistently perform well when under pressure;
- has honesty and integrity of the highest order and respect for the confidentiality of our clients’ and Maitland’s affairs;
- has the ability to work well both under supervision as a member of a team, as well as independently;
- has excellent skills to communicate confidently, professionally and effectively with clients, staff and management (verbal and or written);
- is knowledge and information seeking – understanding the importance of knowlege and skills and actively manages own and staff’s development path and plan;
- has business acumen – an understanding of the application of business principles, procedures and processes to comply with regulations, enhance efficiency and increase profitability;
- has resilience – overcoming obstacles and delivers results by showing tenacity.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org