Reference: DB 6866
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- Overseeing and approving of loan applications – taking into consideration the balance between credit risk and growth and understanding the factors that are driving both.
- Continued evaluation of the origination and lending process to identify areas of advancement in service delivery, client experience and to maintain high levels of efficiency. Identify and develop process improvements, both user and system driven.
- Finding ways to enhance the application approval process, resulting in faster and efficient funding within our SLA.
- Strategic thinking on continuous improvement of scorecard preparation and reviews.
- Assisting the COO and Head of Legal with the review of loan applications once disbursed which have defaulted in terms of potential credit risk.
- Reviewing the credit decisions made by the reviewer team and making recommendations to Legal and Credit in terms of enhancing credit decisions.
- Support and mentor Loan Analysts – Providing assistance and guidance to Analysts, especially understanding the AFS, management accounts and SARS liabilities of high value applications.
- Monthly quality review of applications and reporting to the Credit Committee.
- Providing support to the Executive: Operations and People Support in managing the workflow, cashflow and disbursements when she is not in office.
- Providing support to other Operations Supervisors when they are not in office.
- Supervision and ensuring compliance to processes and performance of duties.
- Any other ad-hoc projects required to assist the team.
- Preparation and maintenance of the training induction programme for new reviewers.
- Onboarding and training and support for new reviewers and ensuring that the process is well documented and structured.
- Regular catch-up meetings with reviewers undergoing training to ensure the onboarding process is being followed and to identify if there is a need for additional training before training sign-off.
- Ensuring the training manual for new reviewers is always up to date.
- Facilitating the monthly reviewers’ workshops – connecting the Analyst team with the reviewers and giving up down feedback and guidance and to ensure that there is conformance to standards.
- Regular catch-up meetings with the Analyst team to determine training needs geared especially towards the understanding of financial statements and management accounts.
- Continuous finance training |upskilling of team members, new and existing.
- Collaborate with various departments/individuals to assist with preparation and delivery of said training where applicable.
- Administrative functions related to training such as training registers, updating of training manuals.
- Finance/business degree.
- Qualified CA with 1-2 years of experience
- Experience in the credit industry
- Familiarity with loan administration, accounting and banking applications/software is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of lending products and practices.
- Solid understanding of the credit life cycle (up to and including collections).
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Must have a passion for training and mentoring of team members.
- Strong analytical skills (data analyses).
- Very strong numerical ability.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Excellent excel skills (pivots, lookups).
- Attention to detail.
- Influencing skills.
- Planning, organisational & time management.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org