Customer Service Representative (Tax – Contract)
Reference: 9159 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
- Facilitate the surrender of customer retirement annuities held with South African based insurance companies.
- Facilitate the surrender of all other customer held policies with South African based insurance companies.
- Facilitate the transfer of customer section 14 funds and/or Preservation fund solutions and/or transfer of pension to new retirement annuity.
- Obtain final values for financial products (e.g., policies).
- Identify and facilitate cancellation of cessions on customer policies and/or change of ownership.
- Administer paid-up policies.
- Handle communication with bank and/or insurer regarding cession cancellations and paid-up requests.
- Execute retirement claims, retirement investments and deferred pensions.
- Support Financial Planning and Investments specialist to institute new investment/s for customers.
- FICA & Banking
- Facilitate the FICA compliance requirements with the customer, identification, and verification of the client in terms of natural person as primary customer.
- Facilitate the opening of the relevant bank account for the customer and process on the system
- Customer communication
- Obtain sign-off from Financial Consultant/s (FC) on the processes to commence that will enable Group to meet their service outcome obligations as agreed to with customer/s.
- Establish good customer report and maintain a professional relationship end-to-end.
- Provide clear, accurate and consistent communication, enabling customers to respond with information, feedback, documentation, etc. in a prompt fashion.
- Learning and development
- Available and willing to learn existing and new processes added to the Group suite of products/services.
- Comply with all company standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Comply with all regulatory rules including but not limited to FSB, FAIS and SARB.
- Minimum requirement: Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Exposure to or theoretical knowledge of FAIS & FICA legislation required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a reasonably complex process-orientated environment, preferably within
- Financial Services industry recommended.
- Tertiary qualification in Financial Services would be a definite advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with sales techniques/strategies to meet customer/business needs and objectives.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously, while also working successfully within a team.
- Proven organisational skills including the ability to prioritise work to ensure deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent telephone manner and confident on the phone.
- High degree of initiative and motivation.
- Demonstrated inclusive, collaborative and engaging approach; including the ability to consult, facilitate, negotiate and influence a broad range of people at all levels in a medium sized corporate environment.
- An ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Solid stakeholder management skills and ability to develop trusted and enduring relationships with customers.
- Sophisticated communications skills, both verbal and written (English and Afrikaans) with excellent grammar and spelling.
- Ability to write clearly, courteously and professionally as well as heightened e-mail etiquette.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
Looking for a job?
Read some of our best articles with tips and advice for the workplace