Reference: 5286 SH
Consultant: Sharleen Horn
- The Debtors and Creditors Clerk will be responsible for completing invoicing and maintaining the debtors ledger, to ensure that all monies due are received timeously.
- The Debtors and Creditors Clerk will also undertake routine clerical duties in support of the accountancy function and financial controls, as well as assist with the monthly management reports.
- Creditors Administration (Assisting)
- Processing and capturing of creditor invoices on the relevant accounting system
- Monthly reconciliation of creditor statements against the creditors’ ledgers
- Verify and follow up on invoices, statements and payments
- Reconciling Intercompany Accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Debtors management
- Ensure overdue debtors are less than 10% of total debtors outstanding
- Track all communication with debtors and provide feedback to the FM on outstanding payments, expected payment dates, reasons for long outstanding debts, etc.
- Ensure accurate and complete invoicing and correct allocation of payments received
- Ensure that the necessary approvals are obtained prior to crediting invoices
- Send out the invoices and credit notes to the clients via e-mail
- Submit statements monthly as per the client’s requirements if applicable
- Communicate any problems with debtors to the FM
- Do daily filing of the invoices/credit notes
- Do the monthly Sales reconciliations with the various sales departments
- Creating Sales Order (Quotes)
- Intercompany recharges
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Drafting required financial correspondence and any additional ad hoc tasks, as requested by management
- Grade 12 or equivalent certificate essential
- Certificate or Diploma in Bookkeeping
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in debtor’s and creditors reconciliations and accounts
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience on a well-known accounting package (an ERP system will be highly advantageous)
- Sound knowledge of general ledger accounting and allocations
- Proficient skills in Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org