Reference: 5210 SJ
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- The purpose of the Finance and Admin Controller is to ensure complete and accurate financial accounts with a specific focus on debtors, creditors and cashbook.
- Debtors & Customer Collections:
- Maintain, monitor and manage an accurate debtors’ book.
- Process customer invoicing in a timely manner.
- Prepare, review & send customer statements.
- Reconcile customers’ accounts and manage claims/queries.
- Intercompany recharges and reconciliations.
- Prepare weekly debtor ageing reports & summarise the status of each outstanding balance.
- Liaise with customers to ensure timely debt collections.
- Liaise with the Sales team to ensure approved pricing is invoiced to customers.
- Ad hoc customer-related administrative tasks (Responding to email/ in-house queries).
- Data processing on excel to perform necessary checks that initiate weekly grower payment cycle.
- Release incoming funds on banking platforms.
- Creditors & Grower Payments:
- Maintain, monitor and manage an accurate creditors’ book.
- Process supplier invoices and statements in a timely manner.
- Reconcile creditors’ accounts and manage claims/queries.
- Prepare weekly creditors ageing reports & summarise the status of each outstanding balance.
- Execute grower payments in ERP system, release payments on banking platforms, process data on accounting platforms and ensure the cycle is reconciled.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure timely settlement of accounts.
- Liaise with Logistics team to ensure accurate and complete data is captured.
- Add hoc customer-related administrative tasks.
- General Ledger Bookkeeping:
- Perform cash book function, posting of bank statements and bank reconciliations
- Transactional accounting, posting of journals and account reconciliations
- Assist with audits and attend to queries by auditors.
- Maintain fixed asset register and depreciation schedules.
- Perform stocktake & inventory reconciliations.
- Reconcile intercompany transactions
- Matriculation (essential)
- Formal Accounting diploma/certification (essential)
- South African driver’s license
- Accounting and admin experience (5 years)
- Commercial experience (2 years)
- ERP system experience (2 years)
- Inventory/Export systems experience (2 years)
- FMCG experience (desirable)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of: IFRS/IFRS for SME’s / INCO terms / FOREX transactin
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com