Reference: 4418 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
The Financial Consultants (FC) is a key member of the Sales & Customer Services team reporting to the Head of Sales & Customer Services. This role is responsible for securing customers by converting leads (qualified prospects) into paying customers. The role assists and advises customers on the service or bundle of services required to meet their specific needs. It also works closely and collaboratively with all Customer Services team members within their allocated business unit to ensure customer expectations and revenue targets are met.
- Convert leads (prospective customers) into full paying customers within set time frames.
- Gather, compile and analyse financial and personal data about customers.
- Gain a full understanding of customer’s situation and objectives; explaining the service offering and tactfully guiding and advising them through the decision making and service acceptance process.
- Match customer needs to specific solutions based on report from Financial Planning, Tax Compliance Consultants within the ambit of applicable regulations and legislations.
- Refer, channel and monitor cases to various sections according to services solutions offered.
- Facilitate the quotation and acceptance of services process.
- Maintain continuity throughout the life cycle of a customer.
- Give the customer as much insight in wealth migration, including the implications of exchange control and tax, relative to pensions, investments and other South African source assets, economic trends, pension legislation in target countries etc.
- Integrate the customers profile and goals through cross-selling of service solutions specific to customers’ needs.
- Correspond with customers re additional information requirements, e.g. insurer needs.
- Interface with customers post quote acceptance to deal with questions / issues / status update, etc., until services have been successfully delivered.
- Continuously look for better ways to conduct business and improve processes.
- Responsible for creating the revenue stream for the team and take-on of new clients.
- Client acquisition, retention, service orientation and relationship management.
- Ensure financial planning remains compliant with all related legislation, e.g. FSCA, FAIS, FICA et cetera.
- Available and willing to learn existing and new processes that may be added to the suite of products/services from time to time.
- Comply with all company standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Comply with all regulatory rules including but not limited to FSCA, FAIS and SARB.
- Comply with all applicable regulations and legislation from regulators and organisations such as FSCA and SARS.
- A tertiary qualification is required.
- Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS) 1st level Regulatory Exam (RE5) required.
- More than two years’ experience in a reasonably complex process orientated environment of which at least 2 years must be within the Financial Services industry recommended.
- Exposure to and/or theoretical knowledge of FICA legislation required.
- Experience with sales techniques and strategies to meet customer and business needs and objectives.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously, while also working successfully within a team.
- Proven organisational skills including the ability to prioritise work to ensure deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- High degree of initiative and motivation.
- Demonstrated inclusive, collaborative and engaging approach; including the ability to consult, facilitate, negotiate and influence a broad range of people at all levels in a medium sized corporate environment.
- An ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Solid skills in stakeholder management and developing trusted, enduring relationships with customers.
- Sophisticated verbal & written communications skills (English & Afrikaans), with excellent grammar and spelling.
- Excellent telephone manner and confident on the phone.
- Ability to write clearly, courteously and professionally as well as heightened e-mail etiquette.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled within a resilient yet enthusiastic life disposition, including the ability to remain calm in dynamic situations and project with sunny poise and aura.
- Demonstrated and applied knowledge of relevant regulatory and compliance frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to distil complex issues into succinct and easily understood language that convey key messages successfully at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent collaboration skills to deliver cohesive outcomes.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com