Reference: 5225 SJ
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- Reporting to Retail Financial Manager
- Managing all finance and accounting functions, including full financial control and managing the finance team
- Ensure quality control & integrity over all financial transactions, compliance and financial reporting
- Reviews of Income Statement and Balance Sheet items monthly up to management reports
- Reconciliation of all Balance Sheet items (preparation / reviews)
- Review payments and reconciliations (VAT, salaries, suppliers, taxes, etc.)
- Staff management (including leave planning, recruitment process, interviews, performance reviews, etc.)
- Control all month end processing & reconciliation procedures, checklists, and work calendars
- Make sure all daily, weekly and monthly finance deadlines are met
- Control all year end close procedures
- Develop business processes and internal controls to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist in annual Audit preparations, schedules, queries, etc.
- Assist with drafting the annual financial statements
- Assist with all taxation calculations (Income, Provisional & Deferred) and submissions to SARS
- Assist in any SARS related audits
- Assist with stock take procedures
- Assist with annual budget process
- Assist with streamlining / automating systems and procedures
- Presentations for directors and shareholders meetings
- Maintenance of systems, like Pastel Evolution, etc.
- Back up for Financial Manager when not available
- Any ad hoc duties and projects in Finance Department on daily / weekly / monthly / yearly basis
- CA (SA) with minimum 2 years post article experience in industry; or BCom degree with completed SAICA / SAIPA articles & minimum 5 years post article experience and similar position.
- Completely proficient in English
- Knowledge & understanding of IFRS / IFRS for SME
- High computer literacy
- Advanced Excel skills (non-negotiable)
- Pastel Evolution knowledge will be a strong advantage
- Excellent reconciliation skills & strong financial technical knowledge
- Adhering to principles & values
- Following instructions & procedures
- Delivering results & meeting expectations
- Structured & very organised approach
- Focused on detail & accuracy
- Be able to handle volume, stress & deadlines (Non-negotiable)
- Strong communication & Interpersonal skills
- Strong people management skills (Experience needed – non-negotiable)
- Self-starter, adaptable, energetic & confident
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com