Reference: 5970 SJ
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- Financial oversight
- Verify and control all account allocations, journals and cashbook recons on Pastel, maintaining strict accounting standards.
- Review customer and supplier age analysis reconciliations. Ensure customer balances not overdue and collection of all outstanding balances.
- Check petty cash reconciliation and count on a monthly basis.
- Review bank account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Review and authorise all journals posted.
- Authorise new beneficiaries created on internet banking.
- Authorise payments on internet banking after review of authorised invoice/statement.
- Check packing material prices on bills of material, and ensure budgeted margins are achieved.
- Calculate handling-, packing-, transport, and other fees for invoicing to customers, and ensure invoicing of producers.
- Complete and submit credit applications for new suppliers.
- Ensure monthly stock take, and review inventory costing.
- Review fixed asset register for accuracy and completeness.
- Internal control – Ensure the adequate internal and financial control systems were developed and implemented to cover all aspects of business. Ensure these systems to function properly and continuously evaluate and adjust
- Financial reporting
- Prepare monthly management accounts and submit on due dates.
- Update forecast on monthly basis based on most recent volume projections.
- Prepare information for audit of annual financial statements, as requested by the external auditors.
- Cost/production analyses and accounting
- Analyse daily production: bins tipped, pallets dispatched, cost of sales p/kg.
- Allocate all direct costs per commodity.
- Prepare calculations/costings for potential new business opportunities.
- Producer financial management
- Prepare financial forecasts for producers as stipulated in the Producer Communication Plan and submit on due dates.
- Prepare fortnightly/monthly producer recons, indicating costs and income per grade packed.
- Ensure timely payment of producer funds to producers.
- Reconcile broker and processor sales, allocate funds to producers, and pay over funds to correct producer.
- Ensure signed producer agreements are on record for all producers, that covers all commodities packed for the relevant producers.
- Prepare annual budget, per month.
- Prepare and update 5-10 year forecast.
- Review variances between budget and actual and take corrective action where necessary.
- Monitor cash flows and arrange for additional finance if necessary.
- Statutory & taxation
- Ensure correct and timeously completion, submission and payment of VAT and EMP returns.
- Calculate wage and salary cost for purposes of Workmen’s Compensation return, and ensure timeously submission and payment of the return.
- Monitor tax compliance status, and take corrective action in case of non-compliance.
- Ensure Annual Returns are filed with CIPC.
- Ensure all changes to the company are properly filed with CIPC.
- Review insurance policies on annual basis and ensure completeness against fixed asset register and removal of sold/scrapped assets.
- Inform insurance brokers of all new purchases.
- Human Resource and Development
- Manage staff members by appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints. Discipline on staff and resolving problems. Perform annual performance reviews of bookkeeper and assistant bookkeeper.
- Send monthly payroll information for salaried staff for processing, check received payroll information (payslips, EMP summary, payment listing, and YTD report), and ensure timely payment of staff.
- SAIPA / SAICA qualified / completed articles
- Financial Degree
- 3 – 5 years previous management experienced
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org