Reference: 4426 SJ
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the departmental accounting systems, policies and procedures. Supports the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of source documentation. Maintain complete and proper records of revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities, and ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial information.
- Supervise and review the work of the bookkeeper.
- Bring accounting books to final trial balance stage.
- Accounting function including reviewing and capturing of source documentation. Includes some complex transactions.
- Reconciliation/Review of accounting records to third party statements (debtors, creditors, bank).
- Responsible for debtors and creditors management process.
- Compilation of management accounts and reporting to management.
- Prepare Board Reports for quarterly meetings
- Assist with Annual Budget process
- Cash Requirement Forecasting.
- Preparation and management of payroll process.
- Completion of statutory returns i.e. VAT, EMP, EE, WSP, BEE, etc.
- Responsible for tax reporting and submissions.
- Liaising with SARS and financial institutions.
- Management of annual audit and liaison with auditors.
- Inter-company loan reconciliations.
- CIPC document preparation, submission and amendments.
- Compliance with all relevant legislation’s.
- Monthly reports and reconciliations required by external funders
- Ensure good governance and adherence to various funder requirements
- Ad hoc tasks as requested from management.
- Review legal contracts from a commercial and finance perspective.
- Provide Financial and commercial input into new opportunities
- Degree in Accounting / Finance.
- Completed SAIPA/SAICA articles.
- PA(SA), AGA(SA) or CA(SA) will be a distinct advantage.
- 2+/5+ years’ post articles experience in a similar role.
- Advanced computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Sage One Cloud Accounting, Sage Intelligence, Sage Payroll)
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A top achiever.
- Well-balanced individual.
- Willing to take initiative to deliver results.
- Professional communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with external clients and suppliers at senior level.
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Experience of Financial Modelling
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com