Reference: SJ 6784
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- Conduct internal audit assignments following a risk-based approach in line with IIA standards.
- Design and execute audit plans and programs in order to add value to the department and companies as per the definition of internal audit.
- Plan, co-ordinate and conduct independent audits as a basis for ensuring an appropriate balance of control and risk.
- Provide timely reports to management of all audit findings and recommendations.
- Comply with quality assurance systems as per the IIA standards and internally adopted audit processes.
- Deliver a best practice assurance service in line with IIA standards
- Support the delivery of the approved audit plans
- Promote an awareness of control and risk throughout the group and support compliance with corporate governance requirements.
- Increase management focus on the effective application of controls, best practice, etc., to further improve fraud awareness, prevention and detection.
- In addition assist the Regional Audit Manager with ad-hoc assignments from time-to-time.
- CA (SA) – 3-4 years appropriate internal/external audit experience (post articles)
- CIA – 5-7 years appropriate internal audit experience
- CISA 5-7 years appropriate internal audit experience
- CIMA/ACCA 5-7 years appropriate internal audit experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide internal audience including management, staff and audit committee members
- Spoken and written English must be of a high standard
- A good understanding of the use and application of IT and a thorough knowledge of the related control and security standards
- Capacity to adapt behaviour to cope with significantly different environments and culture
- Strong creative thinking, communication and influencing skills
- Thorough understanding of internal control and related internal audit methodologies and techniques
- Thorough understanding of Risk Management frameworks and practical application thereof
- A professional manner that will reflect positively on Internal Audit and ability to function under stress and/or possible conflicting professional opinions
- A self-starter who is capable of working with minimal supervision
- Strong values and ethics and ability to maintain professional independence and objectivity and act based on personal professional conviction and confidence
- Ability to foster confidence
- Appropriate level of professional skepticism and intellectual curiosity
- Experience in the use of TEAMMATE, MS Office, and any other relevant ERP and EWRM applications
- Experience in data analytics and CAATS
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org