Reference: 4374 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
- Evolve to become the primary person responsible for the farming operation, reporting to the Operations director.
- Responsible for all facets of efficient and profitable production by measuring, managing, improving and innovating the pipe line, stocking densities, time in basket, sorting intervals, feeding, cleaning and all other components of disciplined and repeatable farming practices.
- Responsible for the running of the farming operation by improving operations and accuracy and implementing innovation throughout the production cycle, while containing and reducing costs.
- Responsible for the overall farm budget and tasked with implementing ongoing cost savings by measuring ad managing the components of the budget actively.
- Present proposed innovations to the innovation team across the farming spectrum, but with significant focus on increasing efficiency, productivity, reduced costs, improved growth, and better farm yield.
- Engage and take an interest and participate with industry on industry forums like AFASA and DAFF meetings and other opportunities
- Model farming practices and evaluate effectiveness – Create bench marks (industry, global).
- Work closely with the finance department in understanding the drivers of financial profitability in farming, while building financial models that will drive correct decision making.
- Work in close co-operation with marketing and processing and play an active role in the “harvesting” group meetings with the objective of supporting of the overall vision of the company.
- Be customer centric in managing the pipeline or pipelines on the farms and production units in support of the Annual Operating Plan, the strategy of the company, while considering both the marketing strategy and producing the right product on time.
- Be responsible for and manage safety on the farm. Zero tolerance on unsafe equipment and behaviour. Develop measurements with the SHE officer specific to the farms.
- Highly focussed on producing the best quality product – understand what this is, measure and manage..
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining members of the Farms team; communicating values, strategies, and objectives (KPI’s); assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing a climate for offering information and opinions and lead the team effectively to ensure that strategic objectives are achieved.
- Engage actively and weekly with the director of operations to facilitate a transfer of knowledge and experience as quickly as possible.
- Co-ordinates the farm plans to align with strategic plans by studying and understanding the market, technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts and ensures repeatable performance by establishing , production,, and on farm maintenance services operating procedures, policies and practices;
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organisations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Manages and is responsible for all Animal Health and Bio-Security, and works closely with R&D function and operations director in this regard.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending industry and educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- A Graduate with a BSc Agriculture or equivalent degree together with a financial degree/know-how.
- Seven years related work experience will be beneficial
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org