Reference: 5009 SJ
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- Perform monthly payroll processes such as updating reports, checking and reconciling etc.
- Ensure all clocking’s of employees is received regularly through GAAP clocking system.
- Verify the integrity of all paperwork received for processing i.e. Leave, New starters, Terminations, Transfers, Salary increases, promotions, garnishees, overtime and other payroll related services, etc.
- Review all terminations packs and update the batches in VIP.
- Manage and review all leave transactions using ESS.
- Prepare monthly leave reports from ESS.
- Prepare and manage payroll reports using ODBC/ Excel reporting, to establish cost effectiveness within the operational requirements of the business.
- Facilitate Maintenance of ODBC Reports and update when required.
- Handle all pay queries, provide feedback to parties concerned.
- Ensure AWOL tracking sheet have been updated, following the strict company AWOL termination process.
- Prepare & review variance reports for final approval by Financial Manager.
- Prepare & review all ACB files for payment.
- Maintain and prepare 3rd Party ODBC and initiate payments for deductions to relevant 3rd parties
- Review all provident fund withdrawal notifications.
- EMP201 submission on SARS E-filing.
- Setup of VIP GL accounts to export payroll journals into Sage Evolution accounting.
- Export payroll journals for all companies, reconciliation of payroll GL accounts.
- Test and implement new MOC’s.
- Complete annual & bi-annual submissions on Easy file, EMP501 submission & Employee Bulk Income Tax Registration on Easy file.
- Complete & submit annual WCA Assessment.
- Set up of Equity Reports.
- Reconciliation of all payroll GL accounts at financial year end, initiate necessary journal entries to rectify incorrect allocations.
- Assist with preparations for audits.
- Monthly reconciliation of VIP & Sage Evolution accounts.
- Manage electronic pay slips via ESS system.
- Manage ETI claims and audits.
- Ensure legislative changes have been implemented.
- Advise staff on company policy and procedures where appropriate.
- Provide Systems training to peers and other departments.
- Ensure monthly reconciliations of benefits (provident fund and risk benefits) is executed and payments processed timeously.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of the payroll department, accurate payroll records and payment for a staff compliment of +-3,000 employees, comprising of 10 payroll companies.
- Processing of Head Office Staff Payroll consisting of about 100 employees.
- Manage, supervise and provide training to about 9 staff members.
- To manage the development of payroll processes, initiate changes to maximize benefits of all supporting systems, constant maintenance and optimization of systems used in Payroll department.
- Grade 12 or NQF4 Certificate
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Payroll report writing
- Minimum of 10 years payroll experience
- Advance understanding of relevant labor legislation
- Good Understanding of SA tax legislation
- Previous Accounting Exposure
- Knowledge of VIP and ESS essential
- Payroll or Bookkeeping Certificate
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org