Reference: 5118 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
- Senior Accountant will be responsible for the process of all payables and receivables and day to day managing of the posting, allocation and verification of all transactions. You will ensure all the accounts for accuracy and the reports produced by the team is delivered in a timely manner. You will work very closely with the Financial Manager to help deliver strategic goals set by the business.
- Supervise and lead a team in the routine processing of accounts
- Liaise with and assist Sales on a daily basis in terms of accounting / financial information and processes
- Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Meet daily, monthly and yearly accounting / financial deadlines
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Ensure all accounts are reviewed and reconciled on a timely basis
- Put in place appropriate internal controls to ensure accurate accounts
- Liaise with our Financial Manager and Financial Controller to improve financial procedures
- Manage and maintain the Fixed Asset Registers
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet
- Preparation of year-end calculations and journals e.g. deferred tax.
- Preparing Consolidated Annual Financial Statements
- Preparation of VAT reconciliations and completion and submission of VAT returns
- Preparation of PAYE reconciliations
- Monthly payroll processing
- Monthly commission processing
- BCom (Hons) Degree in Accounting or similar qualifications
- SAIPA/SAICA accredited
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required – Financial Service Industry experience advantageous
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills, preferably Xero
- Exceptional numerical ability with strong financial, analytical and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com