Reference: 4414 MVDB
Consultant: Marilise van der Berg
We are seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant Professional to perform various corporate accounting functions and financial reporting. This position is ideal for an ambitious, experienced professional who seeks to join a growing firm. This position will also provide the opportunity for independent initiative and judgment to improve accounting processes, procedures, financial reporting and growth in the corporate accounting environment.
- To ensure compliance with Tax and VAT law and statutory requirements;
- Review and accurately submit all tax returns (Income Tax, VAT and WHT);
- Responsible for month end closing process and preparation of financial statements for various entities (including a consolidation);
- Analysis of monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, variances to forecast, and reconciliation of various accounts, fixed asset administration;
- Bank reconciliations and various treasury functions, including bank liaison and cash flow management between various bank accounts and entities;
- Analyse new or changed VAT legislation/accounting standards to understand the impact on the organisation;
- Technical accounting;
- Ensure audit requirements are satisfied;
- Assist in preparation of audit work papers for year-end audits with outside auditors;
- Implement system of internal controls and the monitoring thereof;
- Participate in the annual budget process for the Company and interim forecasting;
- Respond to internal and external customer requests as appropriate;
- Assist company in executing company policies and compliance procedures;
- Prepare monthly P&L reviews;
- Preparation of other adhoc monthly calculations in line with IFRS;
- Ensure sound relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and effective communication across departments;
- Organise and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of finance management is carried out in a manner consistent with operating procedures and policy.
- Other corporate accounting duties or supervision of duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a Corporate Accountant;
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and practices;
- In-depth experience in risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting;
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and finance software;
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude;
- CA (SA): 3- 5 years post qualification experience.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com