Reference: 6110 CW
Consultant: Carline Wium
- Contribute to the development of tax awareness throughout the group and liaise with other business functions to ensure tax compliance with the tax authorities.
- Enable efficient and accurate feeding processes, procedures and systems.
- A competent, qualified expert with the ability to stay abreast of changes in the tax landscape, communicate clearly and implement effectively in the business with a teamwork approach and eye for detail.
- Contribute to the group’s tax strategy, policies and special project matters. Develop the group tax function and ensure consistent reporting of the group’s tax position.
- Provide tax technical direction in developing and implementing the group tax strategy
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Risk Management
- Tax Planning
- Tax Audits and due diligence
- Development of Policies & Procedures
- Stay abreast of changes in the tax landscape for timeous roll out in the company systems and form sets, e.g. amendments to tax legislation, rates and effective dates.
- Plan, monitor, report and drive projects to implement new taxes, changes in processes or enhancements to reporting.
- Tax Administration
- Liaise effectively with IT in providing tax specifications for system solutions, ensuring the integrity of tax information in the ERP and supporting systems and implementing best practices.
- Tax and Financial Reporting
- Ability to speak Arabic (nice to have)
- High standard of written and spoken English and well-developed report-writing ability.
- At least 10 years in a financial accounting or tax position in a reputable multinational company.
- Experience in a multicultural team environment.
- Tax Exposure in Qatar, Middle East region or countries with proven similar tax regimes.
- Experience in relevant industries required – Steel, Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Refineries, Heavy Industries or Manufacturing only.
- Graduate in Finance / Accounting / Commerce with Tax as a major from a reputable university.
- A Chartered Accountant (CA) or recognized international professional qualification in Accounting and Tax (CPA, ACA, ACCA).
- Proven work experience and skills in tax management and compliance.
- Technical tax expertise in the international area, including transfer pricing, group structuring and mergers & acquisitions.
- Experience in Oracle or ERP systems.
- Knowledge of IFRS / accounting standards.
- Good skills and experience in MS Office, especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org