Consultant: Marilise van der Berg
A five-star wine estate in the heart of the picturesque, charming Stellenbosch is looking for a Banqueting/Events Coordinator to join their team.
The Banqueting/Events Coordinator acts as an assistant to the Banqueting Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of all food and beverage for functions held in the Hotel and all details pertaining to functions being held in all banquet and meeting rooms in keeping with the standards prescribed by management.
- Marketing and selling conference and banqueting facilities.
- Ensuring all enquiries are recorded daily on the enquiry sheet for management to assist with conversion of quotes.
- Scheduling and conducting site inspections.
- Scheduling reservations (block bookings & venues).
- Communicating details of and changes to events clearly.
- Planning well so that each event runs smoothly.
- Ensuring deposits, final pre-payments and balances due are paid on time.
- Assisting banqueting manager with on-site events where required.
- Completing function delivery sheets in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Complying with all statutory and company regulations relating to Health & Safety and hygiene.
- Great communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good knowledge of hotel management systems.
- Needs to be able to work with absolute focus and react fast and with creativity to enquiries.
- Maintains a good energy level.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Must be able to keep a cool head when dealing with last-minute requests and issues.
- A “can do” attitude, because you may need to hire audio visual, lighting, a DJ, a band, stages, and marquees.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org