Consultant: Carina de Swardt
A company that offers a range of business solutions to JSE-listed and unlisted companies and non-profit organisations in Sub-Saharan Africa is looking for a qualified Office Manager to join their team.
- Serve as the Office Manager with duties including: Reception, maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment, errands, shopping and any other delegations that may be required for the efficient running of the office.
- Ensure that the office is secure and safe and equipment is switched off prior to closing the office.
- Schedule meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Oversee office layout and stationery inventory and order stationery and equipment.
- Maintain the professional appearance and function of the office and arrange and supervise repairs when required.
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Organise and supervise office operations and procedures.
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment requirements.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office leasing agents.
- Manage office budget, ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Assist in the on-boarding process for new staff members.
- Assist with preparing letters, presentations, reports and proposals for employees.
- Address employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements).
- Supervise and monitor the work of cleaning staff.
- Database/Helpdesk administration and related business processes.
- Marketing and sales-related activities as required.
- Qualification in office management, or similar, preferably at graduate level.
- Proven experience as an office manager, front office manager or administrative assistant.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Computer literate. Fully conversant with the current uses of information technology in the workplace and uses IT as a management tool.
- Some knowledge and experience of Pastel and Xero will be beneficial.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements, work well with others (friendly demeanour) and take initiative.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com