Reference: 6083 NB
Consultant: Nine Broodryk
- Supporting our commercial team that manage the roll out of the programme, in particular our ongoing sales efforts, client support & training and developing/updating online content for the platform.
- Contributing to the platform/programme’s social media and marketing campaigns.
- As a TechCoach you will be in direct contact with our programme/platform users.
- You will be involved in market development to expand our user community and providing proactive support to our various user groups and clients including farmers, consultants,
agricultural industries, water users associations and researchers – This will require extensive telephonic and messaging engagement as well as travelling to farming regions throughout the Western Cape.
- Your support to users will involve onboarding and training to ensure the optimal use of the programme/platform and assisting in translating data/reports into meaningful actions that make a positive difference at farm-level, both through short-term efficiency gains and building resilience for the long-term.
- You will be required to run formal training sessions for users (webinars and on-site), prepare and present reports for stakeholders including the Western Cape Department of Agriculture, and to promote the programme/platform at formal meetings, conferences and events.
- You will closely collaborate with and form part of the team that, together with eLEAF, stands behind the programme/platform.
- MSc qualification in or related to agricultural production (horticulture, viticulture, agronomy, soil science, hydrology, remote sensing/GIS etc.).
- Ability to analyse and interpret numerical data, including spatial datasets and other farm/business data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- A good technical understanding of irrigation scheduling and crop management.
- Ability to clearly present results/recommendations to individuals & groups.
- A passion for sustainability in agricultural/food systems with appropriate levels of understanding of sustainability as a specialist subject area.
- Ability to develop and build long-term relationships – particularly with farmers.
- Comfortable in the use of online applications and strong knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent Afrikaans & English verbal & written skills.
- Based in Stellenbosch region or surrounds.
- Have a valid SA drivers’ license and own transport.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com