Consultant: Carina de Swardt
A leading global agri-business has a vacancy for an Agronomist (Operations Manager).
- Consolidate all seasonal plans to construct farming budget and establish inputs needed.
- Conduct practical research to evaluate performance and efficiency of the different inputs utilised during each production season to enable critical analysis of seasonal plans and potential new inputs to be utilised.
- Support Field Managers with information and decisions to optimise production at lowest cost for each crop produced, as well as decisions regarding potential new units.
- Take part in the procurement process for the identified inputs each season and in conjunction with Farming Financial Manager manage the pre-payment process for these inputs.
- Manage orders and logistics of the inputs to ensure timely delivery within the constraints of the decision making matrix of the company.
- Coordination with representatives of different input suppliers.
- Stock management in conjunction with Farmers, Field Managers, Financial Manager Farming and Financial Admin Manager.
- Communicate and discuss budgets vs actual/projected with Field Managers and Farmers and maintain monthly reporting and feedback to different role-players.
- Facilitate pricing decisions per unit based on the relevant tons derived from the budgets/crop estimates and targeted levels to optimise profitability within the parameters of the pricing strategy.
- Report crop development and progress with scenario analysis for potential outcomes and impact on budgeted outcome.
- Manage logistics of the crop into destination in conjunction with Logistics Team to ensure safe and timely delivery.
- Manage and maintain the data of the Farming Operation and perform statistical and historical analyses as well as benchmarking and ensure timely reporting of data to Research Desk as needed.
- Manage month-end and end-of-season process in conjunction with Farming Financial Manager.
Experience/key skills required:
- Degree in Agricultural Economics
- Preferably at least 5 years’experience in a row crop production environment
- Proven ability to construct, manage and report budgets
- Must be able to utilise the whole Farming Team to reach goals and therefore must have excellent people skills to direct team members
- Basic knowledge of inputs associated with crop production and ability to do research to evaluate alternatives
- Knowledge of SAFEX market to apply different instruments available to hedge tons produced
- Solid administrative discipline with solid background of accounting
- Ability to function independently
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com