Reference: 5791 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
- Discuss with markets/clients their product needs i.e. To maintain and/or grow our client base year on year
- Deciding and matching of demands with available product
- Discuss packing requirements and specs with clients
- Advising Area managers on product required for sourcing (budget)
- Understanding the clients and their markets.
- Procurement of fruit in line with market and food safety requirements
- Liaise with growers on a regular basis to proactively manage shortfalls/excesses
- Pre-season packing programs i.e. To meet deadlines before end of June to producers for Berries
- Dolfin planning – Demands & allocations i.e. To meet deadlines end of July
- Packaging material pre-season and in season i.e. To meet deadlines end of June to producers/Updating
- Packaging Manager for Berries, end of May.
- Setting up/maintaining costing model i.e. To make informed decisions
- Various costing, price setting, discussions
- Compiling and ensuring packing instructions are circulated to growers timeously
- Monitor packing progress at packing facilities and facilitate solutions to over/short packs as well as packing material.
- Liaise with supply chain department to ensure optimal route to market. Proactively solve any operational issues from farm to packhouse
- Program management
- Key account management
- Stock management support
- Formal tertiary qualifications with at least 5 – 7 years’ relevant work experience in the fruit and/or agricultural industry with an accomplished Berry production/technical/sales track record.
- Technical knowledge of Berry production, packing and quality.
- Procurement and grower services.
- Product management.
- European and UK retail experience.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com