Reference: 4444 CDS
Consultant: Carina de Swardt
A leading global agri-business has a vacancy for a Farming Field Manager, who will be responsible for planning, executing, managing and reporting on the employer’s designated farming units.
- Constructing crop production plans for designated farming units in conjunction with the Operations Manager and contractors.
- Making chemical- and fertilizer recommendations in conjunction with respective chemical representatives and agronomists.
- Building a set budget for each unit covering all necessary scenarios within an achievable cost range with the Operations Manager.
- Evaluating different input prices and farming practice to determine the most efficient production plan
- Executing the production plans within the set budget together with the Operations Manager and Farming Contractors.
- Overseeing that land preparations are done accurately and on time
- Ensuring timely planting and application of inputs within correct procedure and circumstances as set out in the production plan with Farming Contractors and Operations Manager.
- Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of inputs and contracting services rendered.
- Ensuring accurate delivery of harvested crops into designated silos and/or coordinating on-farm loading of harvested crops to end-point destinations.
- Coordinating Farming Contractors by assisting with their day-to-day crop production activities and decision making.
- Continuously visiting designated farming units to follow up and help solve challenges and problems, and monitor general progress.
- On-farm stock management with safe stock storage, regular stock taking and implementation of inputs.
- Frequent updating and reporting on crop progress as well as projecting production outcomes based on agronomical characteristics and facts for designated farming units.
- Reporting on factors that influence the crops during the season and potential damage and/or solutions to it.
- Reporting on the planned budget and any factors that may influence it toward potential over- or under-spending for each designated farming unit.
- On-farm as well as storage facility stock quantities.
- Reporting on daily rainfall on farms.
- Completing, reporting and updating crop estimates pre-harvest.
- Reporting deliveries into designated delivery points of harvested crops and reconcile with reports.
- Season runs March to August
- Financial year-end is December
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org