Fresh Production Manager
Consultant: Michelle Le Roux
- Reporting to the National Fresh Produce Manager in CPT.
- Compiling weekly reports to management.
- Creating and monitoring key measurable outputs for which the production team will be responsible.
- Executing efficient and accurate ordering and expediting orders.
- Expediting stock requests and communicating requests with depot personnel for minimum stock levels.
- Monitoring stock levels of fresh produce and packaging at BT depot.
- Bi-weekly inspections of the external processing plant.
- Participating in stock take.
- Prioritising tasks and managing time correctly to complete daily tasks timeously.
- Addressing and investigating customer complaints.
- Adhering to all internal control policies of the company.
- Adhering to all legislation about the enforcement of hygienic practices.
- Upholding and working according to all internal and external safety guidelines.
- Local travel to farms and producers of fresh products to maintain good supplier relationships.
- Sourcing new suppliers (farmers, growers, or materials).
- Liaising with BT Cape Town for merging of optimal stock procurement.
- Investigating cost-saving opportunities within the fresh production space.
- Managing the production team according to the company’s standards through ensuring productivity and desirable work ethics.
- Identify opportunities for process optimisation and implement innovative techniques to enhance productivity and yield.
- Cultivate strong partnerships with suppliers and stay updated on industry news, new products, and emerging trends.
- Tertiary qualification in logistics, procurement, operations, and/or supply chain management.
- Minimum three years’ proven experience in a logistics, distribution, production, or warehousing environment, preferably within the agricultural fresh produce industry.
- General knowledge of the agricultural fresh produce industry and fresh products that are supplied.
- Knowledge of product packaging (quality and ordering).
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
Looking for a job?
Read some of our best articles with tips and advice for the workplace