Reference: 5567 CDS
Consultant: Carina de Swardt
- Our client, a beautiful farm in the Swartland area, is seeking a hands-on Head Manager to manage all aspects of the vineyard, olive and citrus operations. The farm has built a reputation for a distinctive and quality range of wines and has become a renowned South African exporter.
- This is a hands-on position with a great opportunity for the right candidate to grow along with the business. The successful candidate will make and implement tough decisions to keep costs down and focus on building a growing, lasting and sustainable business.
- The Head Manager reports directly to the Directors and is responsible for the overall management function, including the following:
- operational management
- marketing & sales management
- strategic and risk management
- overseeing production management and winemaking
- marketing (national and international)
- The Head Manager will manage all aspects of the vineyard operation, from planting to harvesting and everything in between.
- We are looking for a confident, self-motivated and hardworking individual with excellent supervisory skills, capable of multi-tasking, able to create positive energy (motivation) in both individuals and groups and speak with enthusiasm. Someone who is passionate about the wine industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture plus minimum 5 years, vineyard, wine making, management and marketing experience
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Internet use and email use.
- Working knowledge of and appreciation for wine.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and experience in managerial position.
- Solid working records
- Extreme perfectionist
How to Apply:
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com