Reference: 6009 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
- Stay up to date with latest cultivar development
- Regular communication with different breeding programs
- Complete pre-season estimate per variety
- To advise growers on the best cultivation & packing practices to ensure that the product fits and benefits the marketing plan
- Providing technical background on quality problems through analysis of quality data compiled into a grower review report and pre-shipment inspections
- Advise marketing on the best option for fruit according to condition and internal quality.
- To make informed decision for product and to obtain best opportunity for marketing to optimize harvest
- Compiling/Keep up to date reports and protocols • Managing trails.
- Demand Planning – Demands & allocations to customers
- Pre-season carton and internal packaging items order
- All relevant QMS documentation is maintained or completed.
- Ensure up to date weekly estimates are received from Area Managers and updated on the ERP system
- Allocation of estimates against demands
- Manage and follow up on packing programs distributed to producers
- Check availability of packing material vs programs and order in season from Packaging Material Manager to ensure availability.
- Grower payments
- Fix Price agreements
- Recommendation to producers and market through 2 weekly/monthly technical report
- Market reports
- Stay up to date on technical information.
- Formal tertiary qualifications with at least 3 – 5 years’ relevant work experience in the fruit and/or agricultural industry with an accomplished Berry production/technical/sales track record.
- Technical knowledge of Berry production, packing and quality.
- Procurement and grower services.
- Product management.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com