Reference: 5693 SH
Consultant: Sharleen Horn
- Plans, develops, implements and manages strategic and operational activities within the Quality Control and QM (Quality Management BRC, IFS, IPW Certified) department.
- Quality Control / Assurance
- Develops and maintains systems to establish standards relating to activities and products.
- Develops and maintains systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Monitors performance in all areas according to agreed standards and takes necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels.
- Ensures tests methods and activities are aligned with wine industry standards and practices.
- Assists with new product introduction
- Quality Management System
- Manages the strategic implementation of BRC, IFS, IPW Certification.
- Ensures annual surveillance and re-certification audits are carried out.
- Establishes and implements necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments
- Ensures that all non-conformances and corrective actions are completed and logged
- Ensures that all work instructions, operating procedures are current and complied with.
- Laboratory Research and Development
- Supports and guides Laboratory staff with regards to new product developments and techniques
- Participates actively in all new developments of Wine Making and Bottling.
- Consults with raw material suppliers and stays abreast of new product offerings, developments and costs.
- Matches resources to the technical requirements and capacity.
- Evaluates manufacturing process continuously, optimizing existing and catering for new technologies
- Integrates new wine and bottling processing developments into new manufacturing technologies
- People Management
- Supports, grows and guides staff in a strategic capacity.
- Ensures effective communication between management and QC staff and production personnel.
- Manages staff according to company standards, policies and procedures.
- Conducts performance appraisals and reviews and recruits staff when necessary.
- Identifies training needs and contributes to the development of individuals in conjunction with the Human Resources Consultant by initiating training and development programs.
- Health, Hygiene and Safety
- Acts as the responsible person in terms of the OHS Act and ensures compliance with statutory legislation and that all company policies and procedures are compliant with the OHS Act.
- Promotes a healthy and safe environment by contributing to the ongoing improvement of safety awareness
- and practices.
- Ensures production processes are monitored and changes are initiated in accordance with the company’s Hygiene Management System and Procedures.
- Ensures housekeeping is kept in order and meets required standards.
- Relevant Chemistry Degree or Diploma in Wine Making
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com