Sustainability Communications Specialist
Reference: 8073 NB
Consultant: Nine Broodryk
- Are you passionate about the sustainability of our agricultural and food systems? Do you possess a creative mindset and exceptional research, writing and communication skills? We are seeking an energetic and talented individual to join the team as a Sustainability Communications Specialist – a role that will make a vital contribution to the team and the fulfillment of our client’s purpose.
- To produce comprehensive communication pieces, case-studies, and other written material that, amongst others, showcases the sustainability credentials of farmers and other clients, communicates the benefits of adopting the online tools, and effectively conveys complex sustainability concepts.
- To conduct the research, interviews and other information gathering necessary to achieve the above, and to ensure that all output is credible, scientifically robust, and reflective of latest knowledge and thinking.
- To oversee and coordinate all company marketing communications across the business’s products and consulting offering – ensuring consistent and effective messaging across various digital platforms, that aligns with and reflects our client’s foundational sustainability concepts, and that supports the achievement of the business’s commercial targets.
- A genuine passion for sustainability and a solid understanding of sustainability issues and solutions in agricultural and food system contexts.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively gather and convey information.
- Exceptional creativity and writing skills to “package” and communicate complex concepts in an accessible, inspiring, credible and easily understandable manner.
- A BSc or MSc in Agriculture, Ecology, Forestry or similar.
- Proven working experience in relevant fields.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Adaptability with excellent organisational, time management, and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work independently, with clear self-starter , self-management and initiative-taking qualities.
- A striving for excellence in delivered work with a very high attention to detail.
- An outgoing personality with great ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, farmers, clients and stakeholders.
- A self-confidence and professional manner in engaging potential and current clients both in-person and virtually.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs and experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva etc.
- Experience in managing various social media platforms.
- Excellent Afrikaans & English verbal & written skills.
- Based in Stellenbosch region or surrounds with own means of transport.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
Looking for a job?
Read some of our best articles with tips and advice for the workplace