Reference: 5537 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
- Provide technical/production advice to existing projects as well as the identification of future projects.
- To advise growers on the best cultivation & packing
- Assist in providing technical background on quality problems as well as recommendations to improve fruit quality.
- Provide guidance on post-harvest practices and treatments.
- Support to the Citrus team
- Liaising closely with FSQA department and Product Managers to ensure fruit spec matches client expectations and procurement targets W.R.T. specs are met.
- Advice/mentorship role to Area Managers regarding technical issues.
- In residue level compliance monitoring
- Coordinating and/or managing packing trails.
- Technical report for distribution to clients.
- Berry knowledge would be advantageous.
- Citrus production and cultural practices.
- Post-harvest knowledge of specific chemical applications and permissible residue levels to ensure optimal recommendations to producers for pest control and chemical residue compliance in the market.
- Formal tertiary qualifications with at least 5 – 7 years’ relevant work experience in the fruit and/or agricultural industry with an accomplished citrus production/technical track record.
- Good computer software skills
- Good communication & interaction skills with people on all levels in the organization
- Will travel locally
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com