Reference: 4959 CDS
Consultant: Carina de Swardt
- Reporting to the Lead Engineer – Construction, the Construction Engineer will be responsible for designing & detailing various elements (e.g. Joinery and installation), serving several production lines within specific time frames.
- Design aspects include (but are not limited to) manufacturing process design, weight and cost optimisation, design for manufacture, BOM creation and management of associated assemblies and other hardware design.
- Detailed design of joinery components and assemblies.
- Communication of relevant information regarding the rolling out of new designs to the various departments (including feedback to the Project Manager) to ensure successful implementation.
- Planning and creating installation drawings for interior components.
- Communication is required in the forms of detailed construction/installation drawings, as well as on-site implementation.
- Applicant will be responsible for investigating new techniques/products to improve both the design and manufacturing process.
- Introducing design changes through the change management processes
- Assisting with the prototype builds on new projects.
- Minimum: Engineering Degree / Diploma or 3 years design experience in the composite boat building industry.
- Practical understanding of GRP manufacturing processes (Hand laminating, Infusion, RTM)
- Practical understanding of Joinery construction.
- Thorough understanding of tooling design, linked with relevant manufacturing process.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks (2013 upwards), and a Basic knowledge of AutoCAD / Draftsight (2010 upwards). Speed / Accuracy tests to be conducted in both programs.
- Working knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel)
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org