Reference: 4413 MLR
Consultant: Michelle le Roux
Oversee the entire development function and interaction between GIS, IT and Development teams to establish world-class standards in our cloud based digital platform and systems.
- Drive (or facilitate) product and technology innovation of the digital platform by coordinating the functions of the IT, Development and GIS teams.
- Strategic Direction: lead the review, development and implementation of an Operational Technology Strategy leveraging precision data, IoT and contemporary technologies to achieve company goals and industry leadership
- Develop strategic plans and implement operational plans to provide information technology infrastructure to support our digital platform business goals;
- Infrastructure: oversee the company’s data, security, maintenance and network capabilities, and implement the technical strategy.
- Investigate how to further implement new technologies within the platform and to ensure its success.
- Develop and implement work flow and project plans to accomplish work group objectives, assign work and monitor performance.
- Client focused: Act as a liaison between the customer and the business by taking on the responsibilities of customer relations, getting a grasp on the target market and helping deliver solutions to the target market.
- Oversee complex research and analyses for weekly reporting
- Line management of the IT, Development and GIS teams
- Prepare, negotiate and present budget and other funding proposals; monitor expenditures and operate within budget allocation.
- Focus on customers (internal & external) and how their interactions might change as a result of technological developments & innovation.
- Measure new efficiencies and ROI. Replacing manual processes with technology drives both cost savings and revenue generation.
- Maintaining links with experts.
- Tertiary qualification essential, preferably in Industrial, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an IT or GIS environment Agricultural industry exposure advantageous.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English and Afrikaans.
- Own transport.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com