Reference: 4960 CDS
Consultant: Carina de Swardt
- Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager, the successful incumbent will work directly with other Industrial Engineers, Production Managers, Quality Control, Product Design and Development Teams to eliminate waste.
- They will devise efficient ways to use workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to make better products and improve processes.
- Daily responsibility is focused on but not limited to safety, quality, manufacturing, model integration, and supporting strategic goals.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, activities and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services.
- Coordinate problem solving activities on plant floor with multi-department resources.
- Figure out how to manufacture parts or products, or deliver services, with maximum efficiency.
- Establish operational methods and work standards using various work measurement techniques.
- Optimize use of floor space, materials, personnel, and equipment.
- Support manufacturing production teams to improve efficiency and resolve issues.
- Analyse existing operations and propose cost justified improvements.
- Optimize employee production and material efficiency through continuous improvement.
- Maintain high quality standards through on-the-floor interaction with employees to ensure quality and accuracy in each step of the production process.
- Play a key role in implementation of new processes, equipment, and products.
- Evaluate and design ergonomic workstations and material handling systems.
- Initiate, plan, execute, and control strategic projects to accomplish operations’ strategic goals.
- Minimum: Appropriate tertiary qualification / degree required in Industrial Engineering.
- At least 3 years in a manufacturing/operations environment.
- Manufacturing experience especially in continuous improvement and elimination of waste.
- Able to initiate, plan, direct, and execute process improvement projects as part of a multi-functional team.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work with minimum direction and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to read and understand blueprints and drawings.
- Must possess good organisational and communication skills.
- Must have a team-oriented mind-set.
- Strong computer skills in order to analyse, organise and present data and information using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working CAD knowledge (Solid Works) preferred.
- A self-starter who takes a proactive approach and has good decision-making skills.
- A self-motivated individual who excels in a challenging environment.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com