Reference: 4985 CDS
Consultant: Carina de Swardt
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Support Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer will work as the direct link between the production facilities and the Engineering office to realise manufactured products both in concept and production phases. They will devise efficient ways to use workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to make better products and improve processes. Daily responsibility is focused on but not limited to safety, quality, manufacturing, model integration, waste reduction and supporting strategic goals.
- Rectify any BOM concerns through the BCR process
- Request new stocked items through TQR process
- Identify and investigate areas where process/product optimisation and improvement is possible
- Liaise with other manufacturing support functions as part of investigation
- Quantifying the problem based on historical data o Set up action plan, method of tracking change performance and identify responsible parties
- Review implementation (performance) and compare with historical data. Continuously track implementation.
- Provide general assistance and guidance to manufacturing line in order to meet production targets
- Understand new design/project scope and identify possible process improvement and optimisation initiative, as well as means of implementation
- Identify possible risks involved with project relating to safety, time and quality
- Update the necessary field in the milestone tracker and make sure deliverables are met
- Implement action plan for prototype
- Actively support the introduction of the build progress & provide feedback to design team on any changes
- Identify possible process improvement and optimisation initiative, as well as means of implementation
- Work with design and manufacturing departments to correct any build issues and mitigate risks identified
- Set up a Deliverables and immediate actions list for the roll out of design onto the production line, based on the prototype build
- Provide general assistance and guidance to manufacturing line to ensure successful introduction of new models
- Update CAD model and drawings for production alignment
- Draft various documents to provide instructions and to create awareness of quality, safety or potential savings.
- Provide support for the line & stations QRCI’s
- Perform ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma
- Ideal: Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (NQG 6 or similar)
- Mechanical Engineer with experience in manufacturing mechanical tooling, jigs or fixtures;
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems;
- 3-5 years working experience in a boat building or similar manufacturing environment;
- Ability to do mechanical design work;
- High level of technical expertise;
- Excellent Excel skills;
- Ability to model in Solidworks;
- Experience with Syspro is advantageous;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent analytical, numerical and creative skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Experience or an interest in either fibreglass component manufacture or recreational boats
would also be advantageous.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com