Reference: 5228 CDS
Consultant: Carina de Swardt
- Manage, maintain and ensure the accuracy of the Monitoring Systems (These report on the status and performance of the IP Core and, ISP Services).
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on the IP Core and Transmission network, liaising with NOC engineers when necessary and handling escalation through to resolution).
- Provisioning (IP assignment, Core and Transmission Network configuration).
- Implementation and reporting of Scheduled and approved changes, where necessary escalate failed changes to IP Core engineers.
- Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Development of knowledge and skills in networking and the relevant systems particularly those specific to the monitoring management and provisioning of the IP Core and Transmission network.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Commissioning of Transmission nodes and fiber transmission links to the approved standard as the network expands.
- Responsible for the Monitoring and First Level support of the IP Core:
- Support and management of the Core IP equipment;
- Capacity and Route optimization management and reporting;
- Assist with WISP integration onto the centralized IP Core.
- Transmission network:
- Build manage and operate national transmission network based on SR-MPLS;
- Optimize and manage route and traffic flows;
- Manage and lead WISP integration onto the National Transmission network.
- Assist, test and implement in conjunction with our WISP best practices for RFC Process.
- Assist with the development and implementation of RFC’s by our WISP’s.
- Support our WISP’s with their internal MPLS deployments.
- To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance of all managed and monitored systems and services.
- To provide transmission and IPT services on transmission and IP Core Network.
- To provide support to assistance and support services for the IP Core Engineers
- To develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks.
- Ability to multi-task and priorities work appropriately
- To ensure that any service effecting outages are logged and where required escalated to the NOC engineers.
- To ensure that all service outages or interruptions are logged
- To continually follow up on the status of any logged and escalated outages and where require escalated to Service provider NOC’s should the outage not be resolved within the allotted internal metrics escalate to IP Core Engineers.
- Juniper/Cisco or other networking or other field related certifications advantages
- Mikrotik Certifications advantageous
- Any relevant Network related certification or qualification
- Minimum of 3 Years ISP / SP / WISP experience
- High Level of Proficiency in working on Mikrotik Routers & Switches will be advantageous
- Mikrotik MPLS deployment experience would be advantageous
- Proficiency in oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- English and Afrikaans proficiency
- Proficiency in IP address and subnet planning and implementation. Both V4 & v6.
- Proficient in Routing Protocols both internal and External (OSPF/BGP/ISIS etc)
- Proficient in L2 switching
- Proficiency Mac OS X would be a big win
- Experience with Juniper Equipment would be advantageous
- Own transport essential as shift work is essential in a 24/7 365 environment
- Must be able to work shifts
- Ability to analyze and define problems, prioritize workflow, multitask, meet deadlines and remain flexible
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment as well as when dealing with difficult calls / conflict situations
- Professional and pleasant disposition
- Strong and effective communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills are essential
- Ability to use initiative, be proactive and self-motivated
- Diligence and attention to detail are key skills
- Work well under pressure
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org