Reference: 5171 CDS
Consultant: Carina de Swardt
- The Design of the National Transmission and Backhaul Capacity needs on both fibre and wireless mediums in accordance with the strategy and technology put forward by the CTO, considering the available budget.
- The capacity planning of the Transmission and Backhaul Networks, including traffic analysis in order to predict future capacity needs.
- The ownership of selected systems, maintaining technical baseline, managing requirements and production support.
- Maintaining an acceptable level of compliance in accordance with the Electronic Communication Act of 2005 as put forward by ICASA
- Ensure accountability of Technical Transmission and Backhaul Documentation
- Draw Data for technical writing
- Ensure excellent operational performance
- Ensure the safety of staff at all times
- Identify technical training needs in the organization
- Maintain the product transmission technical baseline
- Maintain requirement transmission baseline as well as look at variations of requirements
- Manage an effective inventory control system, relating specifically to the various components of the radio frequency network.
- Manage all fixed assets relating to the network and ensure that they are always maintained in a serviceable condition.
- Complete knowledge transfer to production and production support.
- Assist with the drafting of the national Operations budget by ensuring reliable forecasts.
- Develop procurement and asset management processes for implementation within the branches
- Backhaul capacity and the planning thereof:
- RF Planning
- RF Compliance (applications with ICASA included)
- Transmission network capacity and the planning thereof:
- NLD (the interaction with the Core and Transmission, presenting operational needs)
- Access network fiber backhauls
- Monitor the existing radio frequency network and ensure maximum availability, with minimum downtime.
- Advise GM’s on the maintenance, repair and upgrade of the existing radio frequency network, of high sites and repeater sites.
- In consultation with the NTM, RGM and GM’s, identify areas where RF coverage is inadequate and commission new sites in these areas.
- Manage an effective preventative maintenance plan, pertaining specifically to the radio frequency network.
- Manage configuration control and engineering change procedures and documentation.
- Ensure that any work carried-out to the radio frequency network is completed in the most cost-effective manner.
- Liaise with the NTM, RGM and GM’s on issues pertaining to the radio frequency network.
- Assist with new developments and modifications, pertaining to the radio frequency network.
- Maintain a risk management plan focusing on the availability of the transmission and backhaul infrastructure
- Technology Areas:
- Power Supply
- Network Equipment (Routers and switches)
- At least 5 years in the RF field
- Able to travel 20% – 30% of the time if needed
- Min BSC/ BEng/ Bing Electronics/ Electrical/Higher National Diploma in related fields
- 3 Years direct working experience directly with RF or 5 years exposure to Radio Frequency
- Telecommunications, RF systems/antennas, Systems engineering, Product life cycle management
- Programs: HCLIX or similar
- OHS, Risk Management and Requirement management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Office
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org