Reference: 5676 SH
Consultant: Sharleen Horn
- Contribute to understanding and developing new product requirements in order to establish its requirements and specifications
- Develop Concept Designs based on the product requirements
- Design products 3D CAD to a high level, including making of specification drawings
- Collaborate closely with other design team members such as electronic and mechanical engineers to develop suitable high end, high tech products
- Assist Production with the assembly of designs providing assembly instructions, and hands-on help to start off new product manufacturing
- Design complete assemblies, enclosures, packaging, sleeves, user manuals and other printed items, that form part of the Product. This includes 2D design work.
- Flag bearer for the User Experience during new product design, from unboxing to use and operation of the product.
- Incorporate environmental design requirements that a product will face during its lifetime and design solutions to meet them, such as outdoors (heat, cold, rain, ultraviolet radiation, etc.)
- Be hands-on during development prototyping, from rough concepts in order to prove an idea or concept, to fabricating or growing parts for form and fit checking, to high finish prototypes for marketing purposes.
- Present concepts and lead design reviews with all departments; Marketing, Development, Production, and Customer Support.
- National Diploma (or equivalent) in Industrial Design with 10+ years’ experience.
- Solid works to a high level; solid and surfacing modelling, assembly, drawings.
- Plastic injection moulding experience, processing and materials, capabilities and limitations of toolmaking
- Metal casting experience, processing and materials, capabilities and limitations of toolmaking
- Experience in the machining of metals and engineering plastics
- Experience in designing complex electronic assemblies and their enclosures to achieve functional and aesthetic objectives
- A Portfolio demonstrating the above and showcasing some project case studies should be provided (by email or download link).
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org