Reference: 5072 DB
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- The main responsibility of this position is to prepare clear, accurate and detailed working plans/drawings from rough or detailed sketches for engineering and manufacturing projects.
- By using the latest CAD and Inventor, the Technical Draughtsman must prepare clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes from design team
- Co-operation with Workshop, Production and Management to obtain correct and complete definitions, in order to establish what the needs are, with regards to each project
- Align needs and definitions of Workshop, Production, and Management into a final solution
- Design and draw detailed drawings of projects while being able to foresee the end-product, in order to take the responsibility off other members of the team
- Continuous and active involvement during the manufacturing of project components
- Must be able to function independently during projects
- Grade 12
- Be computer literate and able to use a wide range of software packages
- Understand construction or production methods and processes
- A relevant qualification in steel structure design will be an advantage
- Have a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Engineering terminology
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical and/or Structural Engineering would be advantageous
- At least 2-year extensive working experience of AutoCAD and Inventor
- Advantage – Pipe Line Routing and Detailed Isometric Generation
- Advantage – Steel Detailing according to standard connection practices
- Advantage – Machine Built experience
- Advantage – Generation of new libraries within Inventor
- Advantage – Vault Basic operation and implementation
- Have a mechanical aptitude with ability to complete mathematical calculations
- Enjoy designing on computers and creating drawings
- Willing to get hands dirty in order to take accurate site measurements for planning of optimum routes for new projects
- Be able to think in a three-dimensional context to be able to foresee the end product while working
- Have initiative and drive, be detailed orientated and able to work under pressure
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org