Reference: 4934 SJ
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- Overseeing the daily operations of the Boutique Hotel and Spa as well as provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business.
- It is important for the General Manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. You will be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategising and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors.
- The General Manager must be able to guide the employees to work as a well-functioning team. Must be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation
- Supervise work at all levels (FOH, F&B, housekeepers, maintenance etc.) and set clear objectives
- Conduct morning meetings to discuss all issues
- Timeous submission of monthly payroll, checking and handling of queries and liaising with HR
- Liaise with HR with regards to disciplinary issues
- Identify training needs and the execution thereof.
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Liaise with group reservations with regards to rates, queries and arrangements
- Liaising with Sales and Marketing regarding yielding strategies, potential clientele, site inspections.
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Investigate and respond to negative reviews and trip advisors
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyse and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Oversee the breakfast service and guest interaction during breakfast
- Conference setup and break down
- Attend weekly operation meetings and provide feedback on daily operation
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- SHEQ responsibilities
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Revenue Management
- Growth of the business, clientele, Average Room Rate (ARR)
- Relevant tertiary qualification in hospitality and tourism
- Fluent in Afrikaans & English
- Minimum five years all-round experience gained in a management role in a accommodation and hospitality environment
- Stable work track record with excellent references
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com