Reference: 4415 NDV
Consultant: Nannie de Villiers
An award-winning wine estate that offers classic experiences with a modern twist, is looking for an Executive Head Chef with at least 3 years’ experience in a fine-dining establishment. The role will not only entail creating exciting contemporary menus based on seasonal ingredients, but additional responsibilities will also include:
- General management
- Implement and maintain all kitchen and staff systems to the highest standards.
- Work closely with the restaurant manager and wine lounge manager to achieve targets as set out in the budget.
- Staff management
- Direct and supervise senior/junior chefs and kitchen staff, ensuring they perform their specific job functions and duties.
- Shift all staff (cleaners and chefs) weekly and monthly.
- Deliver an accurate and timeous monthly report on staff working hours to the finance department.
- Train all staff on an ongoing basis to ensure the highest standards are maintained regarding food preparation, speed of service, kitchen techniques, cleaning and hygiene.
- Fulfil a human resource function in conjunction with the General Manager (including routine staff evaluation, hiring new staff, disciplinary action).
- Ensure that casual labour costs are contained and in keeping with the budget and systems of efficiency.
- Menu creation
- Create all seasonal menus based on seasonal produce and that seamlessly pair with the estate’s wines.
- Stay abreast of current trends/innovations in the culinary industry.
- Costing and admin
- Accurately cost menus to achieve targets set at 30% food cost and 5% waste.
- Continually identify cost saving opportunities relating to food production, suppliers, cleaning and all systems used in the kitchen.
- Purchase stock, receive stock, control stock rotation and conduct weekly/monthly stock counts.
- Process all supplier invoices, maintain relationships with suppliers and practise quality control.
- Hygiene & cleaning
- Implement and maintain systems that enable the highest levels of kitchen hygiene at all times.
- Pack, tag and date stock in walk-in fridge/storage areas.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com