Financial & HR Officer
Reference: 9161 MLR
Consultant: Michelle le Roux
- Payment of Wages: 40 permanent workers – in season 120 workers.
- Do piecework – is on clock program from Farm Costing Solutions.
- Enter hours into system and get foremen to sign them off on time every day
- Report at the end of the season and summarise for owner
- Person must have numerical aptitude.
- Personnel admin – HR – Contracts, Committee meetings, minutes of meetings, training
- Quality systems /Global Gap and SIZA – Farm must get these certificates to export grapes overseas
- The farm and pack store are audited for this – Annually
- Must do computerised record keeping and keep paper record keeping up to date in audit learning
- Help with training of SIZA policies and record keeping e.g. Workers sign for training received
- Must check workers / checklists
- Keep vineyard information up to date and annually arrange for sticks (vineyard) to be ordered
- After harvest stock is counted – do recons.
- Will have to be very strict and controlling
- Must keep the admin of the quality systems and the ethical trading conditions up to date
- Warehouse duties
- Must print the labels for the warehouse on time – quantities must be correct as well as the information for each client / country (there are many specifications e.g. for China and Vietnam)
- Must liaise with inspectors in warehouse and ensure all documentation is correct
- Must keep accurate records of pallet codes, pallet weights and waybills – it’s all on a “tracking” system
- Liaise with the exporters to check payments
- Must pass on averages – figures must be accurate – so have a checking function
- Keep Manager informed of the different prices for different cultivars and markets
- Do basic rand value calculations – nothing complicated
- Must be proactive / alert and spot “trends” / deviations – be “alert”.
- Creditors check -Month-end invoices “check” and recon with statements
- Also help with annual renewal of licenses for vehicles or/and arrange roadworthiness.
- Must finalize field / warehouse stocks and worker uniforms orders in a timely manner – must cycle from
farm learn to understand and know what happens at the different times of the year
- Systems: Paltrack; Farm Costing Solutions; CREST will train candidate
- Experience in MSWord and Excel
- Energetic and alert person; must be active and enjoy moving around, but also able to focus when admin needs to be done accurately
- Interest in farming / quality systems
- Professional, but down to earth – liaising with exporters, PPECB and various marketers / representatives of agricultural means
- Must be able to communicate with farm workers and warehouse staff
- Must feel comfortable checking workers’ checklists
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
Looking for a job?
Read some of our best articles with tips and advice for the workplace