Reference: 5877 MLR
Consultant: Michelle le Roux
- Data Extraction
- Define data requirements that meet the specific needs of a defined business problem
- Draw, combine and analyse data from various sources
- Report on information retrieved so as to provide insight into business problem and solutions
- Use modelling techniques and tools in analysing large and/or complex data sets
- Translate, merge, clean and/or map data into conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Data and Analytical Presentation
- Data presentation designed to demonstrate conclusions gained from analysing data
- Research and offer suggestions pro-actively on data and end-result presentation
- Develop graphs, reports, and presentations of project results
- Perform basic statistical analyses for projects and reports
- Create and present quality dashboards
- Generate routine and ad hoc report
- Data and Analytical Recommendations
- Provide insight into business problems with pro-active recommendations on decisions and future analytical projects
- Deliver analytical insights to a bigger audience with the intention of driving strategy
- Document, implement, maintain and recommend operating methods to improve data processing, distribution, data flow, collection and database procedures
- Define future data migration requirements, gathering, validating and documenting data requirements
- Identify, develop, and document data standardization, data enrichment operations, data validations, data security requirements, and data exception handling processes
- 3 years’ experience in quantitative analytics.
- Good understanding of applied statistics and predictive modelling.
- Fluency in a programming language (Python, SQL, R, C, Java).
- Experience with data visualisation tools (GGplot, Plotly, etc.).
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks (GCP, Hadoop, Spark, Azure).
- Experience in retail and credit risk is advantageous.
- Bachelor in Business Communication or equivalent in quantitative fields (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Information Systems).
- Course(s) on data profiling and data quality management.
- Good problem assessment, decision making, communication, interpersonal skills, self-driven team player who is results driven, strives for excellence and assumes ownership of the given task.
- Proficient in SQL or similar programmes
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Programming skills: Adept at queries and report writing. R/Python exposure advantageous
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods such as linear regression.
- Familiarity with visualization methods such as scatter plots, time series plots and the use of percentiles for descriptive analysis
- Strong in applied analytics using empirical data to support decision recommendations
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org