Reference: 5147 NDV
Consultant: Nannie de Villiers
- You will be involved in market development to expand our user community and providing proactive support to our various user groups and clients including farmers, consultants, agricultural industries, exporters and pack house groups. This will require traveling to farming regions throughout the Western Cape and South Africa to visit them on-site.
- Your support to users will involve onboarding and training to ensure the optimal use of the Applications and assisting in translating the data/reports derived from their adoption into meaningful actions that make a positive difference at farm-level, both through short-term efficiency gains and building resilience for the long-term. Knowledge of different agricultural production systems and on-farm decision making is therefore a big bonus.
- You will be required to provide training and to promote the Applications at formal meetings, conferences and events.
- You will closely collaborate with and form part of the team that stands behind each of these Applications.
- BSc or MSc qualification related to agricultural production (horticulture, viticulture, agronomy, soil science, etc.);
- Ability to analyse and interpret numerical data, including spatial datasets, carbon footprinting primary data and other farm/business data fields, to draw conclusions and make recommendations for the system as a whole.
- Ability to clearly present results/recommendations to individuals & groups.
- A passion for sustainability in agricultural/food systems with appropriate levels of understanding/knowledge of sustainability as a specialist subject area.
- Ability to build long-term relationships – particularly with farmers.
- Comfortable in the use of online applications and strong knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent Afrikaans & English verbal & written skills.
- Based in Stellenbosch region or surrounds.
- Have a valid SA drivers’ license and own transport.
- Prior experience of the following will be considered a plus in the selection process:
- Consultation of farmers and familiarity with their decision making.
- Working with spatial datasets gained from satellite, drone or other sensors.
- Emissions Life Cycle assessment / Carbon Footprinting.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com