Reference: 5056 DB
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- The Quality Assurance (QA) role is responsible for, but not limited to, guaranteeing a level of quality for the end client, and to help the software development team to identify problems early in the process. It is not surprising that people in this role are often known as “testers”. Of course, the role is more than just testing. It’s about contributing to the quality of the final product.
- The quality assurance (QA) role is one that is focused on creating a quality deliverable. In other words, it is the responsibility of the QA role to make sure that the software development process doesn’t sacrifice quality in the name of completed objectives.
- Works closely with the Product Manager, Developers & Architects to analyse functional and non-functional business requirements and to create the specification by example tests/acceptance tests and identify the required test data.
- Assessing customer requirements and ensuring that these are met.
- Ensuring all developer tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards & systems.
- Extracting for test requirements from high level business / functional specifications so as to create each test plan.
- Plan and implement regular random testing of all existing product features to ensure system stabilities.
- Work closely on meeting the deadlines of the project.
- Ensure the team is focusing on automation along with manual testing.
- Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project.
- Set and action processes for test plan reviews and ensure that test plans get reviewed by all stakeholders.
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance etc. are getting covered.
- You will ensure that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
- Create and maintain the test data.
- Logging, owning and resolving defects.
- Provide efficient reporting/ feedback to the team.
- Maintain relationships with all members in the team.
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Manage support issues logged by support team and reassign it to relevant developer and track the issues to ensure the issue is resolved tested and closed.
- Be a first line support team member for afterhour and weekend support shifts.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Proven work experience in testing automation.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Experience with using test management or bug management tools.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and/or scripting is a plus
- Strong skills in Automation concepts, HTML, JIRA etc.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com