Reference: 5150 SH
Consultant: Sharleen Horn
- The successful candidate will lead software development teams and initiatives in Durbanville, South Africa as well as a team in Vancouver, Canada.
- The combined focus of these teams and initiatives is the design, development and customization of internal- and customer facing applications intended to:
- completely automate hosting operations
- provide an integration platform for our application suite, developed in Vancouver, Canada.
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Build a strong leadership team within the department.
- Work closely with product management, guide the teams through priorities including areas of critical innovation, large scaling needs, and elimination of technical debt.
- Help teams focus on timely delivery with an ever increasing quality.
- Manage your own and the team’s availability – given stakeholders across time zones, we sometimes need to join/ host meetings outside typical office hours.
- Provide full-stack leadership to a growing team of engineers within one of our most critical areas. The current technological context includes:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React, token-based authentication, micro-services, Docker, Git, Linux, TDD, BDD.
- Enable engineering oversight to ensure the future platform architecture is sustainable and supports the delivery of customer value.
- Provide rules of engagement and consulting support for non-development teams.
- Bridge the technical and business needs, ensuring alignment.
- Collaborate with the Product Owners to establish mutual platform strategy, identify dependencies and agree priorities
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 10+ years of progressive experience in the services industry or evidence of exceptional ability.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org